Monday, July 28, 2008

whew

I am in the process of applying to be a sub in Waynesville. This is about my only job option, and nicely enough it pays WAY better than subbing in CS did. It's a good thing though, bc this application process is INTENSE. I have to go get finger-printed, contact references and send them a form, write an essay about why I want to sub in the district, etc. I have been jumping through hoops all morning trying to call, e-mail, and find references. At least I will be able to tell Russell I was busy all day :)

On Saturday, we went to Springfield, which is a BIG city compared to here. There is a Starbucks [and not just in a grocery store], a target, and a mall with nice stores. I have had a bad cold now since about Thursday. I was getting cranky once we made the drive to Springfield. When we got to the mall the first thing I saw was a White House Black Market, which is one of my favorite stores. Russell asks if going there will make my cold better. It did, well probably the cute dress I got helped too :) Now I just need somewhere to wear it to!

Convo with our Barista Nick when we got to the Starbucks [we have yet to see the mall, target, etc]

me: We heard there is a target in this town, is this true?

Nick [while giving me a weird look]: Yeah there's a target, where have you been

me: We are from Ft Leonard Wood, this is our first trip here.

Nick: Oh I see, I'm sorry. We have a mall, a target, and two movie theatres!

Needless to say, Russell and I were thrilled to learn all this information :)

No comments: