Monday, July 7, 2008

We are lost in the woods


the 4th of July




me and sweet Holly in CS



We love the Gardners!



Whew! The last week has been eventful for us. We had a really nice trip to CS to visit Russell's family and see a few friends. Seeing Drew, Jen and Buttercup Gardner was really fun, and we look forward to when we get to meet up with them in Branson while they are there with her family in August. We went to Sweet Eugene's, one of our favorite coffee shops in CS. It was crazy how a place looks and smells can bring back such memories of the past 5 years. It was a place of many of Russell and my dates, many hours were spent 'studying' [people watching :)] and many a java shake was imbibed with great friends like Paige and Courtney. I will miss living in CS, but really I will mostly miss the relationships that were formed there.

On the fourth we had a great last hurrah with the family. Russell's family came to Houston, and we spent the day at my parents house. We had fun in the pool and had some great BBQ. the girls and the boys were there, the Busch's stopped by [sans Sarah and David :(] and Matthew's parents[especially dad] entertained us that evening. The night ended with us watching while the 'three amigos' Russell, Russ, and Matthew, set off a menagerie of fireworks in the middle of the street moving often and hilariously when cars passed.

We had a last brief visit with our fave CS house guest, Lindsee, when the proud 'mama' came by. She is the newest owner of a SUX [sport utility crossover, coined when Sam said her vehicle sucks...tehe] She has a pretty red rogue that we admired while saying our goodbyes.

Sunday we left Houston at 6:30 am and set out on our 12 hour drive to Ft Leonard Wood Missouri [more specifically Devils Elbow, MO]. My mom came with us to take turns driving my car, and to help us get settled. We finallCheck Spellingy made it to our apartment around 8 last night. Today my mom and I went to Wal-mart twice and unpacked everything. There is NO Target or any nice place to shop around here...I guess it'll make spending self-control easier :) Tomorrow my mom and I are going hiking. I am enjoying having her here to help us get settled in, as well as keep me busy these first few days while I adjust to life here.

I feel slightly guilty because our Internet has not been set up yet, though we have already paid. We 'borrowed' our neighbors Internet, and their Internet name is "Amber and Ryan's Internet" It makes it worse to borrow Internet from people that are cute and name their network after them....


spell check corrected the 'i' in Internet, apparantly it's still a proper noun.

2 comments:

The Roberts' said...

haha yes so there is permanently a happy check mark on your post b/c you corrected your mistake! i want to hear allll about missouri soon!! ohh & how i wish we could just be at sweets right now with a java shake, chatting away...

Unknown said...

Hey! I am so glad you yall made it there safely and are settling in! I hope yall are having fun exploring and figuring out what life in like up there. I can't wait to hear more! I am sure you will have many stories to tell...