Friday, August 1, 2008

the weeks fly by

We have been here in MO for almost a month. I can't believe how fast the time has flown. Only 10 more weeks till we are done! I am still tracking people down to use as references...more on that when it is all done. On Wednesday I drove to one of the larger towns to have my fingerprints taken for a background check. This was the first time I'd done that, I felt almost shady.
Russell has been VERY busy this week, most days he's not home till 7ish and he leaves before 5 am. We are looking forward to a fun weekend. Two of our College Station bible study friends, Sonia and Cameron Norvell are the A&M Navigators [a Christian organization on college campuses] directors. They have been in Branson, MO all summer training staff. This is their last weekend before go back to CS to prepare for school starting again. They have invited us to come hang out with them in Branson. We are excited. We will probably take in a show, go to a theme park maybe, and just enjoy seeing people we KNOW!
I ordered a healthy cooking cookbook from Amazon and it finally came in [our mail comes terribly slow]. I made a list of all the recipes I wanted to make in the next couple of weeks and bought the ingredients. I have already made a couple things, and am about to go make another. I LOVE having the time to enjoy cooking :)

off to enjoy my Friday
C

4 comments:

R said...

It sounds like you have a super weekend to look forward to! Enjoy! We love you guys!!!

The Roberts' said...

put up recipes that turn out really well! i love getting new recipes that are tried & true!

Lauren said...

yes! I second the request to post the successful recipes :)

I can't wait to have time to enjoy cooking too!

Lindsee Lou said...

Can you believe you have been there almost a month and we have not even spoken to each other?! Crazy. We must plan a phone date so soon. Like this week! :)

I love you and miss you like crazy!!!!!

LKE