Thursday, July 17, 2008

mmm!

Well today I took a [much-needed] break from morning aerobics. I swear, Stacy could be a personal trainer any day. I took my car into a dealership this morning. I took it in a couple months for an a/c problem which they fixed. We noticed it acting up again on the drive up to Missouri. Praise the Lord it is still under warranty, bc my car is all better at no cost to us :0).

I then came home and decided to be really domestic. I was watching an episode of Paula Deen's home cooking, and she was making cinnamon rolls. I LOVE cinnamon rolls. They didn't look too hard, and I had all the ingredients on hand. Well, cinnamon rolls don't take too long while you are doing the actual work, but they definitely have to rise a LOT. I started them around 11:30, and they took longer than they were supposed to for their original rising time, so I have rolled and cut them, and am still waiting for their final rising to be done. WHEW! I am taking advantage of all this free time I have to make all the recipes I've been putting off or have never attempted. Hopefully Russell and I will be able to have some self control, or we might come back from MO as new people tehe :)

With all this free time I have had, I have a LOT of time by myself. I definitely know God's purpose for me right now is to be the best wife I can be to support Russell while he's going through this intensive engineer course, but it is still hard. It's hard to not feel guilty spending money or relaxing when he is the one working all day. He tells me that is not how he feels, and it's just Satan trying to deceive me. This is probably the first time I've been somewhere without close friends around me that I can just call and meet for coffee or just to hang out, and my mom is now MUCH more than an hour away. I now have a taste of what sweet Joanna feels being so far away from her friends/family. She's been doing this for a year now and I think she's so brave.

I'm off to watch my cinnamon rolls rise...

2 comments:

John and Joanna said...

oh sweet claire! You're so precious! I know all those feelings SO well... and i still have my days but, as each day passes you will get more used to this phase... i didn't think this time last year i would EVER write a post like that, i never thought my heart would be HERE, but... in time and as i allowed for CHANGE, it got so much better! And i think the biggest thing for me was i tried to FAKE how miserable i was... be real, cry when you need to, tell the Lord your heart...its so much easier that way!!
You will MAKE IT, DON'T GIVE UP, YOU'RE DOING GREAT :) I love you so much!!! I promise to be praying for you!!!

The Roberts' said...

its ok to be at home while your husband is working - altho it took some time for me to get to that point - i know russell is thankful for your support & encouragement. just take this time to spend lots of time with the Lord - i cant help but think thats what He wants whenever He puts us in a place where we feel alone.