Friday, July 11, 2008

Welcome to the glamourous life of..

Dishpan hands!

What a gross term, but that is literally what I had friends. We have settled into our quaint, furnished [re: we didn't have to haul furniture here!] apartment, complete with a 3rd story deck with a beautiful view. Its only drawback is a lack or a DISHWASHER. I broke down yesterday and went to wal-mart for like the 5th time and bought rubber gloves and a bigger dish-drying rack. Those gloves are saving my hands, I don't know why I didn't get them sooner.

On Wednesday, before my mom's flight, we explored the cities surrounding Devil's Elbow. Other than lots of driving, we didn't see much. The biggest claim to fame in the sprawling metropolis that is [not] Rolla, there is a new Panera and Drury College. Everything else is pretty run-down. We then went to the closer town, Waynesville, where Praise the Lord there is a Starbucks and two cute Baptist Churches that we will test out this Sunday.

Yesterday was a VERY long day that I had to myself. By 11 am I had cleaned the entire apartment including bathroom and done laundry. Russell had meetings until 8 at night, so I definitely had some time on our hands. We no longer had Internet to borrow, and no cable till today, so I read A LOT. Today was better though bc we rented some movies for me to watch while I waited for the cable guy to come. Sydney White is a hilarious movie, I recommend it. :)

Russell should be home in 3 hours and then he's free till Monday!!!

1 comment:

The Roberts' said...

hey, my friend went to drury for a couple years! im glad theres nothing up there tempting you to stay in missouri ;-)