Monday, June 30, 2008

6 days and counting

It is so good to have Russell back, but life must still go on. It seems like we have so much to do before we leave on Sunday for Missouri. I know it will all get done, but I am a worrier, while Russell is the laid-back. Right now we are fighting that battle of jumping through army hoops to receive approval to look for housing off-base. Yes, we have 6 days till we will be in Missouri, and still no place to live. Luckily since it is a base town, apartment complexes are used to short notice and very short-term leases. I swear we used up half our wireless minutes waiting on hold today...oh well. Que sera sera.
Right now we are in College Station. It is so nice to be able to catch up with Russell's family. Now that we don't live in town, I feel that it is easier to spend quality time, because we have to make that effort, instead of just dropping by. We will also hopefully get to catch up with a few of our friends that are still in town, which will be nice because this will be our last chance for a while. I am also looking forward to the 4th. My parents are hosting a going away pool party for us. Russell's fam, my sisters', their boys', as well as a few family friends will be in attendance...pray for NO RAIN!
Last night I went for a run with Russell. I forgot how much I miss doing [or at least having the option of] everything with him. We love walking/running together. We push each other to go past our limits, and we just enjoy the time together. Also, as [hopefully in the near future] home-owners, we love to look at homes and critique them :) We discuss what we want and don't want, realistically or in dream-land.

Enjoy the time you have with your family, I know I am as we are about leave close proximity to them for a few months...

4 comments:

John and Joanna said...

Hey Missy :)

So excited for you as you make the journey!!! I know that feeling "jumping through hoops"!! It is alot don't be fooled but, everything will work out perfectly!!! Our God is sooo good like that!!!

I hope you have a wonderful week enjoying family, soak it up :) but, rest assured this next chapter is amazing... and you will be a wonderful spouse to all you come in contact with!!!

Love you sweet girl!

Jenny said...

Sweet Claire, I KNOW that God is going to provide the perfect place for ya'll to live :)

I LOVE YOU DEAR!

Lauren said...

You sound like me and Russell sounds like Jonathan. I'm definitely the worrier too!

I'm excited for y'all! :)

Lindsee said...

The Lord WILL provide and your house will be perfect!! Hope to see you before you go!!!

Love you!

LKE