Tuesday, June 24, 2008

mmm!

Ok folks, so for those that know me well, you know I am not so fond of the dentist...well getting my teeth cleaned. I never have been, though there is really no specific occurrence that has made me what I am when I am in that chair. WELL, today, I had my teeth cleaned without any tears...I know. Pathetic that there ever were tears, but I think we have moved past that phase of my dental fears :) And now I have squeaky clean teeth, better for kissing [Russell said this]

In other news, my sister Adriana cooked a feast tonight [really cause her bf was coming to dinner and I think she's trying to prove her wifely abilities]. Part of that feast was this ultra-simple bread that my mom kept saying we needed to try. It is 2-ingredient beer bread. I thought I'd share the recipe, bc it's SO good and SO simple!

Beer Bread

2 2/3 cup SELF-RISING flour [this is important]
12 oz freshly opened beer [you choose the flavor]

1. Heat oven to 375 and grease a bread loaf pan.
2. Put flour in a bowl, add beer and stir until flour is completely moistened.
3. Scrape batter into pan, and bake for 50-55 minutes until lightly browned.

GN! [goodnight]

ps RUSSELL comes home in 3 days!!!!

4 comments:

Lindsee Lou said...

Yes ma'am, it is wonderful! My aunt makes it all the time!

Jaclyn said...

Hi Claire! SO fun that you have a blog! I am glad I found you and I will be back to visit :)

Jenny said...

OOoh that recipe seems so easy!! I can't wait to try it.

SO glad your sweet Russell is coming back soon! :)

love you!

John and Joanna said...

claire:) I am so excited that you have a blog!! And i am even more excited that Russel will be home in less than 3 days!

love you girl!