Thursday, June 26, 2008

"I'm happier than a June bride on a featherbed"

It seems my body has had enough sun this summer. Every time this week I am getting ready to go outside, it starts to rain. Today, my oldest sister Adriana had come over to our parent's house [she's a teacher and has summer off :)]. I had convinced her to go play in the pool with me. We were all suited/sun screened up, and then the lawn guys got there. Foiled for 45 minutes. We then get outside and get on our pool floats, and within 7 minutes, the thunderclouds and major wind roll in. It then rained on and off the rest of the day. BOO!

I have recently become a spider squasher. In the past I have been known to run, scream and/or cover bugs with bowls. Today and Sunday I did not have that option as the spiders were too quick to leave unattended, and I was all alone both occasions. If you live or have lived in Houston, you are probably familiar with GIANT wolf spiders. They love to terrorize homes following large rainstorms. Hence, two in the house in one week. I can't wait for my husband/resident bug killer to get home :) Or I'll have to move in with Paige and Jason [though I don't think they'd like that]. Paige was the resident bug killer when we lived in the Pintail house. I remember her almost being overjoyed the one time we had a roach in our kitchen.

While sorting through old pictures and watching Paula Deen on the cooking channel, she said this while eating something delicious and fatty. "I'm happier than a June bride on a feather bed" This quote tickled me and I thought it should be shared :)

No comments: