Friday, June 20, 2008

Whew...I have never texted so much as I have the past 6 weeks. It has been my main form of communication with Russell, especially the last 3 weeks. I will be so glad when we are not miles apart and can see each other more than we have to talk to each other on the phone, or via texts.

I want to thank all of you who have prayed for us and encouraged us through this time apart [though we still have exactly one week left]. It has meant so much to us to have the support and friendship from everyone. God has blessed us so much with wonderful families and friends...and DISTRACTIONS ;) With all the weddings, outlet mall/galleria shopping trips, cooking/baking, laying by the pool, monkey in the middle, going to the gym, great family time, planning my sister's wedding, etc...the past 6 weeks have flown. Even through the sad times when I REALLY missed Russell and would cry with little or no provocation. I would never wish it on anyone to be separated from their spouse, but it does grow you closer in your relationships with God and your spouse. God has taught me that I cannot fully depend on Russell. Though I love him, and he's the perfect match for me, he will never be perfect. None of us are. I think the past 10 months I have been in newly-wed lala land, and wanted to depend SO much more on Russell than I should. Yes, he's my husband, but the Lord is who I should depend on first.

Isaiah 61:10 "I delight greatly in the LORD; my soul rejoices in my God. For he has clothed me with garments of salvation and arrayed me in a robe of righteousness..."

Mark 12:30 "Love the Lord your God with all your heart with all your soul with all your mind and with all your strength."

It's crazy when you think about how much you love your mom, your boyfriend, best friends, even your husband/wife. We have been called to love our creator God even more, and He loves us just as much...this thought blows me away.

On that note, I'm off to eat some hommade cake :)

No comments: