Friday, June 27, 2008

HE'S HOME!!

My sweet husband came home today! It was a joyous reunion. And yes, I did just see him two weeks ago, but now he's with me for more than just two days at a time, so it made it all that much better :)
For lunch I got to go see my favorite bear [Blaire Bear]. We met at her chic apartment the Bel-aire, then moseyed over to cafe express. mm mmm, sweet potato fries! I then stopped by Mandy's house for some much-needed catching up. It was a day filled with great friends. All the while I have been waiting for a call from Russell telling me when he was leaving Oklahoma to begin the 7 hour drive home. He FINALLY calls around 2 and tells me he's in College Station! I was surprised and elated. I thought I wouldn't be seeing him till tonight, especially since he hadn't called me all day.
The poor guy rolls in around 3ish and hasn't eaten lunch or slept the previous night. So I give him some food and get him to bed for a nap. Then this evening we, the parents, and Adriana and Matthew enjoyed some tasty food at Los Cucos. I recommend the stuffed avocado.Russell is pooped and in need of real sleep. I couldn't resist checking my e-mail, and I got one from the Vera Bradley site. They have FABULOUS new fall pattern that I'm already in lust with ;) puccini. I think the name says it all :)

GN!

PS, while waiting for Russell to get home, my MOL Mary Alice calls and says she saw Russell for the 5 minutes he was at the gas station in CS. She took several pictures and e-mailed them right to me. I'll post them later. It was precious though cause she said, I'm sending pictures of what your adorable husband looked like 5 minutes ago, and what you have to look forward to :)

No comments: