Monday, June 16, 2008

This is the start of something...

Well, several of you have been hassling [I mean politely asking] when I will join this new-fangled blog-land. Well, after lots of sun at the beach with Lindsee, and missing my husband...I succumbed.

Just an intro and refresher on what has been going on in the Lambert's life in the past almost 10 months since we have been married.

We lived in College Station for our first 9 married months, while Russell finished up his last semester of college. He was also interning for Campus Crusade for Christ, specifically with Military Ministries. He/I worked with cadets [from the Texas A&M Corps]. I helped co-lead a female Bible study, and he met with and discipled many guys throughout the school year. I was also subbing almost full-time throughout the College Station school district. And friends, let me tell you...9 months of subbing is DEFINITELY all you need in your life :)

We stayed involved at the church we both attended during college, Grace Bible Church, though we left the college class, and joined a Newly Weds/Young Marrieds class. We LOVED it. It was such an encouragement, and we met so many friends of all ages and stages of life/marital wisdom. I encourage all of you married folks to get plugged into a church/Sunday School class. We also joined a Bible study, which led to some wonderful friendships, that made it all the harder to leave College Station this past May... :(

May 10th Russell left to report to Ft. Sill in Oklahoma. He has 7 weeks of training, called BOLOC II [the first one he completed 2 summers ago up in WA]. He is in the beginning of his 6th week. I unfortunately was not able to go with him...they think wives would be a distraction or something...go figure. Since the school year was coming to a close, I decided to leave around when Russell left. I first went to Ft Worth for my sweet Paige's [a college roommate] wedding to Jason Dunn, then went to my parents home in Houston. I have LOVED the time with my family, especially my mom, as I am the baby of the family. I was blessed to be able to visit Russell now twice during the past 5 weeks, which made the time apart much more tolerable. Also during this rest at home, my sweet sister Bonnie and her man Russ [yes that's right, there are going to be TWO Russell's in the family] got engaged. Since I have wedding expertise [ ;) ] , I have been helping her and my mom wedding plan for her wedding this December. I have also enjoyed spending time with my oldest sister Adriana, and her goofy man Matthew [phew...not Russell!].

Russell will be returning from OK in 11 days! [June 27th] We will then spend that week between CS and Houston with our families, and packing. Then we will make the long drive to Ft Leonard Wood, Missouri. We will live there for 3 months while Russell finishes his BOLOC III training. [Praise the Lord that I am able to go with him!] More details on what life will look like up there...when I find them out :)

Whew! That was a long post, especially after a long sun-filled day at the beach with my sweet Lindsee....

love y'all

2 comments:

Jenny said...

Well I just couldn't be happier!!! Welcome to blogland, my dear Claire girl!!

Lindsee said...

Are you kidding?!!!! Claire has a blog...Claire has a blog...Claire has a blog...hey, hey, hey, hey!!!

Welcome, my love, welcome!!! We're so glad you could join us here in blogland!!!!

Love you!!!!

LKE