Monday, January 5, 2009

it's been a long time coming

Hello sweet friends...I am FINALLY updating after a month an a half of a stagnating blog. My life has been busy, but really not busy enough to warrant no blog posts. I will sum up what has been going on in the last month and a half or so. Russell and I have still been looking for work...it has been almost 3 months of living in Houston [at my parents...more on that later] without an income. This has definitely been something that has grown Russell and I closer and increased our faith. With the economy, the changes that will be soon occurring in our government, and Russell possibly deploying next summer, we have been pushed to grow and rely on the Lord. I can tell you I never thought I would live at home again, especially since graduating, getting married, and living on our own for a little over a year. We love my parents, but we would love them even more if we didn't live with them ;) JK!! Really we want to live pretty close [we have found a house and are waiting for a job or two with which to pay for it with!] and see them often, just not every day. Currently I am getting ready to begin substitute teacher training here in the Cy Fair School District. If no jobs in the mktg/business world open up in the next few weeks, then I will begin an alternative certification program in order to be able to teach elementary school starting next fall. We have really been praying about this, and feel this is where the Lord wants me working. Russell has had lots of interviews, but between the recession, election, and holidays, he has been put on hold and told they will let him no soon [as in yay or nay on hiring him] He is also currently at a job interview as I type this. I am praying hard for my sweet husband that he will have a job in the next couple of weeks. I know, especially as a man/husband Russell is really feeling the pressure to provide, etc.
In other news, we have been busy with the holidays in general, spending time with my family, and Russell's family, Russell was in one of his best buddy's wedding a couple of weeks ago [Jonathan and Kerri] will be in another this weekend for Stephen and Michelle, we are looking forward to being an Aunt and Uncle this spring, I got to see my sweet Joebellina and Blairebear when Jo made a trip down to Houston last month, we saw snowflakes in Houston, caught up with some friends, etc.

This past week though, we were saddened because Russell's sweet Poppa [his mom's dad] went home to be with the Lord. He was 77 years old, a sweet man who welcomed me in from the first time we met [when I had only been dating Russell for a few months]. He loved music, playing the harmonica, piano, and guitar, he loved to dance, hunt, go to coffee with his friends almost every morning. He had 4 daughters Mary Alice [my mother-in-law], Sylvia, Belinda, and Lisa. The wake/Rosary/mass of Resurrection/burial were all very sad but good. He had so many friends and relatives that attended and said many good sweet things in his memory. He is now in heaven with his wife Chella. The whirlwind time we spent down in Harlingen [in the valley] was bittersweet, but still was good family time.

I promise my updates will be more frequent and some picture hilights from the last month or so will be coming soon. I love and have missed you all!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

That was quite an update! It is a tough time right now with jobs. We have some friends in the same boat. I will pray right now that God will provide for you both! I enjoyed reading about what's going on with you!

Jenny said...

Girl!! I am SO glad you updated! I am excited to hear that you are considering a career change! I think you would be an AWESOME teacher...

love you darling

Anonymous said...

It's good to hear what's been going on for you and to know how to pray! Have a wonderful day.