Wednesday, November 19, 2008

REAL girls retreat!!

This past weekend CBC had a girls retreat for junior high and high school girls. It was so great, and I totally wish they'd had retreats like this when I was in the youth group. Sometimes to minimize distractions [ie no boys] you really just need to have a girls only retreat. It was all organized by miss Lindsee, and she did a fabulous job. She got two of her fabulous blog-friends. Shelly and Abby to come be the speaker and the worship leader. Shelly spoke on the Ephesians 1:1-14 focusing on reminding the girls that they are chosen, adopted, blessed and one more thing that I can't remember...let me know if you remember what it is. I feel these are truths that we need to be reminded of, that we don't find our worth in our appearance, a boy, our insecurities, etc, we find it in the Lord, we are His daughters. Abby was the worship leader and has such a beautiful voice, you can tell she is just earnestly praising the Lord as she sings.
Of course sweet Linds and I had to get a picture, and we even matched!!

I was the small group leader for the senior girls. They are so great, and some are so biblically wise, wiser than I was when I was their age!

This was us at the end of Saturday, a little sleepy and silly, but filled with knowledge and truth from Him!


5 comments:

The Roberts' said...

you are a bloggin fool these days!

Lindsee said...

I love you so much and am so thankful that you were there! I know the girls loved you!

See you in the morning for Jazzercise. Girl, get ready! ;)

Unknown said...

Hey! I'm so glad to know you have a blog. It'll be fun to get to keep up with what's going on with you!

Becky and Patrick said...

where have your blogs been?! and where is our coffee date?

Lauren said...

Claire, I'm needing so updates here ;) I hope you had a good holiday season!