Sunday, January 25, 2009

The Cupcake Chronicles

Cupcake, as I am sure I have mentioned, is very addicted to food. She thinks she needs to be eating if she's not sleeping or playing. She is our seven-month-old [as of tomorrow] Labradoodle, who is somewhere in between 50-55 pounds. She is by no means overweight because she LOVES to play with Lucy and her Daddy [Russell]. Yesterday we bought large bags of food at Petco for Lucy and Cupcake. As in 40 pound bags, heaven in a bag if you asked Cupcake. We left one of the bags in the kitchen near the pantry, but unfortunately not in it. The opening we had cut was taped over, and eventually the food will be transferred into a food container. This morning I was walking to the kitchen to get breakfast and I heard LOUD crunching. I thought it was odd since all of the dogs had all already eaten. I came in an Cuppie had knocked the bag over, chewed a hole, food was strewn on the floor, and she had her nose buried in the bag. It was a hilarious sight, but one that deemed a spank and reprimand necessary. Life is never dull with three giant dogs having the run of the house :)

I just realized I have not written an update since I went to the girls night out. It was WONDERFUL!!! Lysa Terkeurst and Renee Swoopes [the hosts of P31] are just amazing Godly women/wives/mothers, as well as is Kate Gosslin. I loved hearing the different experiences God has brought the women through. Where Lysa learned what it means and looks like to have absolute obedience to God, or Renee who shared what it looks like to wait on God's perfect timing, and how we find our worth [in God, not men/relationships], and Kate who through her infertility was taught to give all things over to God and His perfect will and timing. I had such a fun time hearing these women speak, as well as hearing the beautiful voice of Ayiesha Woods sing. She has a great voice and desire to use it for God's glory. It was fun to bond with Lindsee and I am so grateful to my sweet husband who Got these tickets as a surprise Christmas present for me!

I wish I could give ya'll an update on our house contract, but I have nada. We have heard nothing since we made our 'highest and best' offer. We are praying we will hear soon, and I'll keep ya'll posted!

My sweet hubs has finished his first week of work at Cameron, as a project coordinator [a company and position he has hoped to work for/in since he graduate college], and we are just in awe of the Lord's perfect timing. How He was having us wait on a job/situation that was the best for our family. We are so thankful for all the prayers and encouragement we have gotten from all of ya'll!

Love,
C

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Thanks for your prayers! Actually we found one...I just posted about it. What's your house status??

Lindsee Lou said...

Oh, cupcake. That silly dog!

Had so much fun with you Thursday night.

Love you, precious. Can't wait to hear the house update.