Thursday, January 22, 2009

Gainfully employed and all that!

Well friends, I have been missing a little longer than I planned from blog world, but we have been REALLY busy. The last two weeks since Russell got his job offer were spent getting him work clothes, getting things in order, and best of all, LOOKING AT HOUSES!!! We as of Monday have made an offer on a house that is everything we could want. Unfortunately [maybe] we found out another offer was made before we were in contract. We have both been told to bring our best offers by 5 pm tonight. We are just praying for God's will, be it that we get this house, or we keep looking.

On the job front for me, I have gone to substitute training and am getting my Alternative Certification to teach. It takes a few weeks to get into the Cy-Fair school system to sub, so hopefully I will beginning working in early February. I am also now the 9Th grade girls co-bible study leader along with Staja. We have met twice since the beginning of the year and I just love Staja and the girls. I am also excited that since they are freshmen, I will get to go along their entire high school journey with them! :)

In other news, Cupcake has FINALLY learned to shake hands. She is almost 7 months old, but stubborn as the dickens and just refused to shake. She would look anywhere but at you when you asked her to do it, she would just zone out. But as of Tuesday she began shaking hands in earnest, therefore she is now getting lots of treats because we are such proud parents :)

Tonight Lindsee and I are going to a Proverbs 31 ministry Girls Night Out. The guest we are extremely thrilled about hearing speak is KATE GOSSLIN from Jon and Kate plus 8.

love you sweet friends!

4 comments:

Becky and Patrick said...

I have no idea, but I'm ridiculously excited. I'll text you what section I'm in when I get home. Yay!

Unknown said...

Yay for houses! Keep those in blog world updated on if you get it or not!!

cristina said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Missy said...

Hi Claire! So fun to see you at the gym today. Sorry I couldn't hang around to chat. Pregnant girl can only last through half the class. :) Hope to see you soon and I look forward to keeping in touch through your blog!