Friday, October 3, 2008

Oh, Hi O

This past weekend I got to see my lovely former roommate Joelle [Joebellina, Jo, etc :) ] It was I believe my first trip to Ohio, and it was definitely my fave. I hadn't seen her since May when Paigers got married, and we all know weddings aren't the best place to really catch up, cause you are all stressed/excited/busy.
Jo showed me around the Town of Maumee, where her family lives, as well as precious Perrysburg. It has a charming downtown main street with fun boutiques and kitchy shops. On Saturday we had wonderful Greek wraps at Zingo's, drooled over designer duds at Meigs, and were gawked at while we walked by the river :) We relaxed that afternoon and caught up on season 4 of the office and 'cuddled' on the couch like old times at the Pintail house. That evening we got cute and headed to the Docks for dinner at this great Italian restaurant called Zia's with her sweet friends. It was hilarious because I have been hearing about these girls for a while, and have seen some pictures, but this was the first time I would meet them. Jo was quizzing me the entire drive there using descriptors such as "Amber the newly-wed with short dark hair, Alissa, with cute blond hair, etc. It was fun, and I knew them all as we met. They are such sweet girls, and it was so fun to feel a connection to Joelle's life in Ohio.
Sunday we went to Jo's church, volunteered in the nursery, and headed to Star Diner for lunkfist ;)
All in all it was a great weekend that flew by too quickly, I miss my Jobell [as well as all my former roomies], so it was great to catch up and relax together like we did in college :)

I have to tell you all about my newest obsession. I love reading, and found out about a series for teens/adults. While subbing last year in College station, I always had a spare book on hand for downtime. Many of the high school girls recommended the Twilight Series [by Stephenie Myers]. They are about a teenage girl that falls in love with a vampire. I thought they sounded SO dumb, so I soon forgot about them. Well, they have been a huge hit, so before I flew to Houston, I got the first book as something to read on the plane....fast forward to now: I have just finished the third book [which I bought to keep me busy since Russell was gone in the field ALLLLLL week :( ] and can't wait for my fourth to come in the mail [amazon.com is the cheapest place to get these books]. They are so compelling, romantic, adventurous, etc. I've even read them all twice...dorky I know. I am done with my rant, but I totally recommend you to all go get these books. [PS, Joelle is reading them to, so it was great to have a discussion buddy last weekend!]

Russell and I come home in a week!!! OMGOSH!!!

5 comments:

Lindsee said...

Y'ALL ARE COMING HOME IN A WEEK!! OH MY GOSH!!!

Love you!

Jenny said...

HEY!!! Grant and I were driving to Houston last night (from New Orleans) and talking about how much we love ya'll. He told me "email Claire tomorrow and ask her when she is coming home" and you answered it for me! We are SO double dating with ya'll! :) Love you sweet girl!

The Roberts' said...

i tagged you to tell us 7 things about yourself... see my blog... but i know you are MOVING! so ill give you some time ;-)

10* said...

Come home safely!

10* said...

Hey Russell and Claire,

Sure looking forward to seeing you.

Love, Gary