Sunday, October 19, 2008

it feels like home to me

I just realize how nice it is to be where you know and are loved by lots of people. Even though Houston doesn't have the greatest weather, or the prettiest landscape, etc, I just love being where things are familiar. Russell and I loved going to CS and seeing his family, though it wasn't nearly enough to have all the quality time we wanted with people, especially Holly, since she has that whole inconvenience of needing to be at school, so we couldn't hang out all day :)
Also while in CS, I got to see one of my dear friends Kalese. I just love her to pieces. We have been friends since freshman year, she was the first that knew about my crush on Russell, and then we lived together our Sophomore year. She got to see Russell and my relationship grow, and then we got to see her and Ryan's relationship grow. They got engaged [exactly] a month ago today, and I am blessed to get to be involved as a bridesmaid. We love both of them, and love them even more together. We had fun catching up in person and just talking about the future, etc.
This weekend we participated in a garage sale, it was fun but exhausting. Later Saturday evening my sisters and Bonnies husband came over, that was fun to see them, but then they ruined it by turning on the TX game [Bonnie and Russ went to that school].
Today we went to CBC and got to catch up with some couples we knew at A&M as well as some sweet folks we've known for a while. It was great showing up at church knowing people and feeling like you already belong.

well, we are pooped from our 4 mile run and need rest to continue our job hunt...so GN!

ps, I finished the 4th and last book in the Twilight series. It was GREAT, lots of happy endings, which I LOVE! I feel she left the series open for more books, so I hope she is writing one now :) Joelle, you better read this book soon so we can discuss!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

It will be fun to see you when you get here for longer. Let us know!