Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Home sweet home Texas!!

Well friends, the Lambert's have made it back to Texas, puppy in tow. We have been busy the past couple of weeks, entertaining Cupcake while trying to keep her hidden from the other tenants, [the landlords requested we do this :)] packing, getting Russell ready for graduation, etc. We are thrilled to be back home and near so many of our loved ones. The 14 hour drive was tedious, but Cupcake is a great car rider :) and the drive was well worth it because it means we are no longer in the middle of nowhere. Currently we are temporarily staying at my parents house while we figure out where we will be working and living. We have spent the last few days unpacking, sorting, and APPLYING for jobs!! Please keep Russell and I in your prayers that we would find jobs quickly and have discernment while searching for positions where we would best fit. We can't wait to hug and see all of you wonderful folks in Texas, so if we haven't given you a call yet, then call us, we would love to get together :)

we love you!

R&C

PS We are traveling to good ole' College Station, TX tomorrow to visit with our in-laws!!! YAY. We haven't seen them since my sister's wedding, which isn't nearly enough.

3 comments:

Lauren said...

Well I'm glad you're back in TEXAS! But still, you're a day's trip from me out here in Midland :(

I'll be praying for you...I'm also doing the job search thing!

Lindsee said...

I, for one, am SUPER glad y'all are back! But you already know that!

Love you...have a blast in college station, although I said "blast!" when I read that because I was going to call you tomorrow to hang out since it's my day off. :) We will have plenty more days coming up though!

Lindsee

Becky and Patrick said...

YAY! Back in Texas. I promise to try the Twilight books if you promise to go to Starbucks and discuss them! :-) Orr not discuss them and still go to Starbucks.

I'm glad you guys made it home safely. I hope you have an amazing time getting settled and catching up.