Sunday, November 2, 2008

busy busy

This week has been filled with lots of activities. My mom's birthday was on Tuesday, so Russell and I made her a homemade lasagna and cake, for the family celebration. Wednesday I had an interview with a staffing agency, and will hopefully find out more information this week. Wednesday evening we drove to College Station for a brief family visit, to vote, and go to the Career Center on campus. A highlight of the trip was getting to have dinner at the Blom's [Russell's military ministry boss from last year] and catching up with them, as well as getting to know the two new interns and their wives better. It made me excited to get more plugged into our church here, so we can experience community here like we did in CS. Friday night Russell and I manned the door and oohed and awed over the cute kiddos in their costumes. On Saturday my parents, Russell and headed over to Bonnie and Russ's house to paint ALLLLL day with them. By the time we left the kitchen/living room area no longer looked like a cave, and we had earned laborers to paint in our future house :) That evening we made cookies and just relaxed while watching the DRAMATIC UT vs TT game. The outcome was a shock, and I surprisingly felt bad for UT and their fans. Today our Sunday school class began a month long series taught by Greg Despres [current missions pastor, and former youth pastor when my sisters were in HS]. It was about evangelism, not the hokey kind [tracts, fire and brimstone, etc] but by forming relationships and having genuine conversations and not just trying to evangelize to people, but actually getting to know THEM and what is going on in their lives. Russell and I left really excited about getting more involved in our class and ministry. We think we might have found our niche here :)
After class, we went to a picnic with other couples from our class and enjoyed the nice summer, oh I mean November day...

Now I think I'm going to go soak my sore back [from painting] in the hot tub :)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

It was so good to have you here! thanks for hanging out with us for the evening.