Friday, November 14, 2008

surgery, retreats, and waiting oh my!

This week has been a long week of waiting on the Lord's timing when it comes to finding jobs, a house, etc. It was so apropos that last weeks sermon that we further discussed in small group on Wednesday, was on Patience. How God has patience with us and how we need to have patience with others, ourselves, and situations. Russell and I know that everything that is happening [or for us not happening] is all in God's timing, which is perfect. We know He knows better than we do, for that matter, when it is best for us to be resolving all of these situations that are currently waiting in the balance.

Yesterday Cupcake [our 4.5 month old puppy] was spayed yesterday. They heal best when they are puppies, and she had begun displaying impolite body movements a couple of weeks ago, which clued us in that it was time to get her 'fixed'. She was adorable when we took her to the clinic yesterday, just in love with everyone she met, and forgot about us the minute she got excited by seeing new people. When we took her home last night she really didn't want to sit calmly. We have had to put her in the kennel more often, or keep her in a room with just us so she will be calm. She has lots of energy and wants to play, but can't for the next week while her stitches heal. So consequently, we have the cutest little invalid puppy ever :)

Last night I had a coffee date with a good friend from growing up as well as college. Becky and I though, hadn't seen each other in almost a year. It was really fun to catch up and hear about her wedding [since I didn't get to go :(] Talk about being a wife, life, etc. It was great to just be able to talk really open with someone that knows you, this is why I love that we live where I grew up, because there are still people that live here that I know.

This weekend I am going to be a leader on a girls retreat called REAL [respect, encouragement, acceptance, and leadership] and I am really excited, I love retreats, and I love getting to know girls. SO updates an pictures will come soon, as well as I'll post ALL the pictures and stories from last weekends A&M tailgate/game!

1 comment:

The Roberts' said...

impolite body movements!! hahaa!