Thursday, September 4, 2008

Take me to St Louis

Russell had a four day weekend for Labor day, so we had lots of fun adventures together.

I'm just getting to this post though, because I last minute volunteered to baby-sit for a friend from church. Something came up and she had to go out of town. I had 3 of her four kids, ages 1, 2, and 5. Needless to say, I am recuperating today. These kids don't nap and the little one doesn't stay in a crib, so I am definitely waiting a little longer before I have kids, I don't have the energy yet :)

This past weekend we started off Friday being lazy in bed and then I made Russell a big breakfast. We left for St Louis around Mid-day and went to the zoo. They have one of the best zoos around and it was free, so that's all that mattered to us :) We enjoyed seeing all the animals, the penguins especially because they are SO cute! That night we planned on going to a 'fancy dinner' to celebrate our anniversary. Our concierge recommended Annie Gunn's, a steak house. Well, we arrived, I in a pretty sundress, and Russell in khakis. We were by far the most over-dressed and youngest. Then the menu was pretty steep, over $30 for a basic meal. Apparently this is a restaurant the rich go to after tennis [literally many people were in shorts and sneakers]. We felt slightly gypped especially when the waitress didn't ask if we were there for a special occasion.
Saturday was great, we ran errands and relaxed till about mid-day. Then, Cupcake's [our puppy] breeder met us at our hotel. We can't have puppies at our apartment, so she is holding onto Cupcake till we return to TX. We took Cupcake to a park and played with her. She is just precious. Playful, curious, good with adults and kids, etc. Basically a GREAT dog, and if my mom is concerned, she's cuter than Lucy ;) Saturday night we had dinner with one of Russell's classmates and wife who was in from TX for the weekend. She was PRECIOUS! I just love meeting Texans up here because they are just another [better] breed of people. Sunday we checked out the St Louis Arch, the art museum, and even went to a cupcake bar. All in all, we had SO much fun enjoying ourselves in the big city.

I fly to Houston this Saturday for the week before my sister Bonnie's wedding, and I couldn't be more excited. I just cannot wait to see my family and friends for a whole week!

3 comments:

Becky and Patrick said...

that's so funny... i was watching that episode while i wrote it. :-)

Anonymous said...

So glad you had a great weekend together! Sounds like you had your hands full with those kiddos. Good job serving their momma. I'm sure she appreciated it so much. Have a great time at Bonnie's wedding!
P.S. You NEVER get enough energy for kids. It's God's grace that gets you through no matter when you have them.

Jenny said...

I can't wait to meet Cupcake in person :) MISS YOU DEARY!! LOVE YOU!!