Wednesday, September 17, 2008

OH IKE

Well friends, I am writing from a laptop borrowing electricity and Internet. I have been in Houston the past week and a half with my family, getting ready for my sister Bonnie's wedding, which was supposed to be this past Saturday. We obviously had to postpone because of the power outages and damage caused by the hurricane. The wedding is scheduled for this Sunday. The venue is undamaged, and aside from generators to keep their food fresh and to cook it, they have no power. The weather has been great from a cold front we got, so the plan is to go ahead and just have the wedding outdoors if the power doesn't come back. Please pray that this great weather will hold, and or that Ashelyn Manor gets its power back by this Sunday. Also, while we are just without power and dealing with the day to day struggles associated with that, we are SO lucky compared with most people in Houston. The situation and aftermath of the Hurricane is so much more extensive than we all predicted.

I am really missing Russell and can't wait to see him this weekend. He is in Missouri still finishing training. He has 3 and a half weeks of school left till we come back to TX. There is also a cold front right now in Missouri, with temperatures in the forties. This is making Russell sad because I am not there to snuggle with him :)

I don't know when I'll be able to update again, but if you see this, please keep praying.

C

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thank you for the update! Quite the effort it took to get it out here. I'm glad everyone is okay and will pray the wedding goes off without another major hitch. Yikes! I can confidently say I don't know anyone else who has had to change their wedding date due to a hurricane.