Tuesday, September 9, 2008

Praying for Ike

I have been in Houston since Saturday afternoon. I got in just in time for my sister, Bonnie's lingerie shower. It was fun and I LOVED seeing people I know [well]. This week has been busy with mainly my mom and I working on wedding stuff since everyone else is at least working the beginning of the week. Though today, we decided we had been so productive, we would go to the outlet mall. I LOVE going to the outlet mall, especially with my mom who loves to shop [and buy presents!] I found a GREAT dress at banana and am wearing it for the rehearsal dinner. I finished Bonnie and Russ' slide show and am now gonna head out to the pool to catch a little sun before Saturday :)

On a worried note. Right now Hurricane Ike has been predicted to hit the Houston area. My sisters wedding is this Saturday morning, right when the hurricane is predicted to hit. Please pray that it steers clear of Houston and does not affect her wedding, people traveling to her wedding, or their honeymoon. All the time and money that goes into this would be sad to see all go to waste, not to mention it's the biggest day of Bonnie [and Russ'] life.

Love from Texas!

C

5 comments:

The Roberts' said...

have fun!! im praying that it steers clear!

Lauren said...

yay for weddings :) :)
I'll pray the storm steers clear!

Lindsee Lou said...

Praying the storm is directed elsewhere, or just dies down. Rain is okay...good luck, right?! :)

Sorry I never called you, I ended up getting home later than expected, then tonight I had bible study and just got back! We WILL see eachother, though. :)

Love you!

Anonymous said...

So I'm wondering what happened? Hope all is well down there.

Becky and Patrick said...

how did that go?! i know we got hit hard. i hope the wedding went off well!