Thursday, August 7, 2008

Where do we wear our emotions?

I am soo tired as I am typing this. Thursday's FIT [forming individual temples] workout is running, jump roping, and stairs [on bleachers] Well today it was SO hot. The sun normally is still behind the clouds when we work out, but not today. We had an hour of exercise in the sun. Luckily this is the last day of the week to workout :) I will enjoy my three day break.
Today, I am getting my hair trimmed for the first time in a year by someone other than Lauren. She and Jake moved, and I guess so did we. She did such a good job, I hope the place I am going can live up to the standard she set...

Yesterday I hung out with a friend I had met at fit. She about 7 years older than me and has three kids, but we still get along great. I spent all afternoon at her house, first just chatting over coffee while the kids napped, then becoming a lap for rambunctious kids after that. I really enjoyed it bc I love kids, and Jessica is just as chatty as me, so it worked well :)

Yesterday I turned on my old computer to get some pictures off of it, and the instant messenger prompt came up. I then realized it's been a year since I have signed on. The last time was the day before my wedding last year. Once I got to college I loved IM. You could keep up with friends, make plans, waste time [before facebook and blogs really hit us] and best of all, wear our emotions on our away messages. I remember putting up song lyrics that I wanted a crush to see, or a friend. Why are we so concerned that everyone knows our emotions at every moment? Now with FB you can update your status for an even wider audience to see at your every whim. I know this might seem hypocritical for me to even ponder this as I write my emotions in my blog, but I'm just curious. What ever happened to discretion or just thinking things over on our own. Are we so dependent on the world knowing our every thought and commenting on them?

hmm, ponder this while I do laundry :)

1 comment:

Lauren said...

I did the EXACT same thing with IM away messages...and my profile box. Or I would sit there and hope that my crush would IM me (usually my crush was Jonathan!). And now when I sign on it's such a flashback.

Let us know how the haircut goes...I just got my hair done today and realized that my next hair cut will have to be with a new person! Eeek-I get nervous with new hair dressers!