Monday, August 4, 2008

TIBB

We were introduced to the phrase 'This is Branson baby' or TIBB for short while visiting our friends Cameron and Sonia. It was really fun to have a break from our little town and see familiar faces. We drove in on Saturday morning and then headed to White Water water park. It was a super hot day, so it was great to be wet. Russell and I also were daring and rode on the super high water slide where you have a bit where you are going practically straight down. It was cute, when we left the water park, Russell said 'I'm glad I did that, or any time I saw something high, I'd regret it. I mean there were little kids doing it, I had to be a big brave man' :) We then spent some time hanging out with the Norvells just catching up and just gleaning off their wisdom. They have been married 7 years and are a bit older than us, so it was great to just hear what they had to say. Sunday, in lieu of going to a theme park when the day was already in the 90's at 9 am, we just drove on home. We stopped to run some errands in Springfield then made our way back to Waynesville.

We have officially been here a month. CRAZY. In one month I will fly home for a week to help with the final preparations for Bonnie's wedding. I am looking forward to seeing family and Houston friends.

PS Courtney, from our new cook book I have made taco bake, spinach bars, and white chicken chili, all very tasty. I made the lemon scones, they are kinda plain on their own, but good with jelly. I'm making the El Dorado casserole tonight, I'll let you know how it goes.

Recipes to come soon!

1 comment:

Becky and Patrick said...

Mrs. Lambert,

We DEFINITELY need to catch up. I will text soon to find a time :-)

Hope everything is wonderful in Missouri!