Saturday, April 11, 2009

I'm BACK!!

Well friends, SO much has happened since my mid-February post. I am now and Aunt, we have been living in our NEW house for over a month, we've seen good friends, etc. If you start at the bottom of the post and work your way up, the pictures will be in chronological order...

Here are some updates without corresponding pictures :) I am on my way to being certified to teach. I am going through a program called iteachTexas, and am enjoying the process. I have also been substituting part-time in elementary schools, and just itching to have my own class [hopefully next year!] We have been settling into our new house and it actually looks lived in! Well, the downstairs does at least....we have too many rooms upstairs with nothing in them, I guess we just need to collect some more furniture! Two of my sweet friends that have helped so much with the moving process, are Lindsee and Sarah. They spent their days off helping me move my clothes [not an easy task], cut fringe off a rug, hang pictures, brought me meals, etc. They, as well as other friends, have been such a help and joy in our lives. We were able to have our small group over to our house this past Wednesday for a home-cooked meal to try and say thanks for all they help they have given us.
Russell is still loving his job as a project coordinator at Cameron, and really being able to have a sense of accomplishment. It was such a blessing he interviewed when he did, and God made us wait for His perfect timing. Cupcake is doing well, and not living in her crate anymore! She can now be trusted to stay in the house, not in the crate, when we are gone. The only thing she likes to eat is shoes, especially boat shoes [I think she's eaten 4 pairs of Sperry's.... :(]
We are relaxing this morning after a late night from going to the Aero's game, which they unfortunately lost in over-time, but we still had fun. I am about to make Russell pancake's for breakfast, then we are heading to my parents. They heated their pool, and we are having a pool party, with everyone, including Russ's [Bonnie's hubs] parents, who are in from Florida for Easter :)


Uncle Russell holding his nephew for the first time after my dad's birthday celebration
Noah is the sweetest 2 week old I know!
Gary dancing with Holly after the senior belle's were presented. Holly looking gorgeous [in the dress I helped her pick out!] with her date Scott.

Russell and I at Holly's Symphony Belle's
[a community service organization] senior presentation.
Gary and Mary Alice came to our house on Gary's birthday, and I made a birthday meal. They were our first two dinner guests at our new house!

Me holding my 20 minute old NEPHEW!!!

Daddy holding his grandson, while my mom makes sure he doesn't drop him :)

The happy Moncrief family, just 30 minutes after Noah's birth!

Bonnie about a month previous at a shower, looking all sweet with her pregnant self.

Mom, Sarah, Adriana, Bonnie, me, and Mary and Bonnie's shower.

The sisters' at Bonnie's shower.

The Przybyszewski's!

On our Valentine's double date in San Antonio with the Roberts'.

Our cute hubby's

waiting to be seated for drinks and yummy desserts. Our husbands, while Courtney and I went to go see Confessions of a Shopaholic, had made us a candle-light dinner. We ate just the four of us at Courtney and Josh's house, so it was more intimate, and we wouldn't have to fight the crowds.

Earlier that day at the San Antonio live stock show.

unhappy Russell cow.

Courtney and I LOVE cows, they are so cute! We wished we had known someone at the livestock show so we could have petted their animal. As it was, we got as close as we could to all the cute animals :) Russell and I loved getting to visit the Roberts. It had been almost a year since we'd been to their house, and it is just looking great. Court has done such a great job painting and decorating, it is making me itch to paint our house...though first we need to decide on colors!


















2 comments:

The Roberts' said...

i was a symphony belle! fun!

Lindsee Lou said...

Woo Hoo for being back! And, everything fun in between. Now, put pictures of your cute house on your blog! Love you!