Friday, February 13, 2009

Cupcake chronicles part 2

Well Cupcake strikes again. Cupcake is overall a very well behaved puppy, but occasionally she sees something that she wants that she shouldn't have, and takes it, and eats it. earlier this week Russell left his newest pair of topsiders [sperry's] out, and Cupcake and/or Lucy had made both of them their afternoon snack. Today I went to the gym and left my sunglasses [gorgeous Vera Bradley sunglasses black on the front and a pink pattern on the inside] on the bench by the door cause it wasn't sunny. I came home and the sunglasses were missing. I found them chewed to bits on the floor. Let's just say I got the maddest I have ever gotten at Cupcake at that instant [she had a piece of plastic hanging from her mouth further stating her guilt]. As I was frustrated with her, she came and laid her head in my lap to get back in my good graces. I still love her, and always will, so I couldn't stay mad long. This reminded me of God's great love for us. We mess up constantly [way more than Cuppie] and He still loves us. And not only does He still love us, but it's unconditional- nothing we can do can change or take away God's love for us. This is something that is hard to grasp sometimes when we feel like we are unlovable for whatever reason [things we have done or failed to do] . We are children of a BIG and Loving God.

On another note, I have started subbing this week. It has been fun getting back into the classroom and interacting with kids. I have subbed all week at a school that is one of the closest elementary schools to our new house, so that is nice.

Also, this weekend we are GOING TO SAN ANTONIO!!! We are sooo excited to get to go see the Roberts. We are even bringing the Cupcakester so she gets to meet her Aunt Court, Uncle Josh, and cousin Sage :) This will be a fun weekend to get away, have a Valentine's double date, and catch up with good friends. I hope all of you have wonderful weekends!!

Love,
C

No comments: